Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Breath More Life Than You Swallow



If it turned around and it made you smile,
Would you say it was all OK ?
Or would you change your mind,
Take your place in time and wait for another wave ?
If I was to say infinity,
Would you believe in the word itself ?
Or would you wait for a sign,
From the depths of your mind,
To remind that it means something else.
What if you said the word happiness,
And smile as you say it out loud,
Would it lift the weight ?
Could it change the fate of this feeling you have in you now ?
What makes you happy ?
Is it strength in numbers ?
Is it a quietness of mind ?
Is it making love under the moonlit sky ?
Is it running with horses ?
Is it bathing in wine ?
Whatever “it” is just give “it “ it’s time,
And then a smile will follow.
Whatever it is just give it it’s rhyme –
And breath more life than you swallow.
I know that it is hard not to point the blame,
It’s in our nature to complain.
I feel your pain – cause mine’s the same –
But if you were asked , could you give it a name ?
Or is it changed by time, like any good whine,
and forgotten the very next day.
Whatever the case – it’s a part of this place,
So I guess we all have to deal.
How you choose to let go,
Only you can know –
Only you decide what is real.


By Shamiren Carroll

1 comment:

  1. Hi - thank you for posting my poem - I was just wondering where you found it. I am in the process of "discovering" all the places I live online - some I have added myself - others I have discovered have been added for me - some by people - some by machines ;-) I am happy for you to post it as you seem like one of the REAL ones XX

    ReplyDelete